welcome to my world of bicycle touring, touring bikes, and touring and camping gear...



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tyre choices...

Well, I'm departing for a back roads tour in New Zealand in a few weeks. I'll be doing plenty of k's on gravel roads, and a fair bit on bitumen too.

Currently I have 26" x 1.6" Marathon Supremes fitted for my local rides. I really like the Supremes, they are fast and light. My quandary is will they be robust enough for the gravel roads I'll encounter in New Zealand.

So I have sitting in front of me a set of 26" x 2.0" Marathon Supremes, and a set of 26" x 2.0" Marathon Duremes, which are quite a bit heavier, but no doubt more durable. Question is, do I really need the added durability? I favour the lighter and faster tyre.

Sigh - decisions, decisions...

0 comments:

Post a Comment